Air transport supports 38 million jobs and $561 billion in GDP in developing countries.
The air transport industry in developing countries directly generated an estimated 3.8 million jobs in 2014.
- Airlines: 1,300,000 (35% of the total).
- Airport operators: 209,400 (6%).
- Other on-airport: 2 million (53%).
- Civil aerospace: 145,300 (4%).
- Air navigation service providers: 93,400 (2%).
Including indirect and induced impacts, the air transport sector supported 10 million jobs and contributed $287 billion to GDP in the developing countries.
Moreover, substantial benefits derived via the catalytic impacts of tourist spending are estimated to have added 28 million to employment and $274 billion in GDP.