This page contains all the up-to-date information from the Summit following the event.
Executive Director of ATAG, Michael Gill, said that the Summit and associated meetings are a chance to bring experts and leaders from across the aviation industry together in one place, “there are a number of key environment challenges that the industry is working on, together with governments. Climate change is a subject that all parts of society are tackling. Aviation has taken a proactive approach and united together to advance its own plans, including ambitious goals for reducing emissions."
"We will be discussing those goals and the measures being taken to meet them this week – including the important work to design a global market-based measure for air transport from 2020.”
Keynote speakers at the Summit included André Borschberg, the CEO and pilot for the record-breaking Solar Impulse challenge; John Scanlon, Secretary General of CITES; and Dr. Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu, President of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Council. ATAG, representing industry, and ICAO, representing governments, collaborate closely on climate change solutions within the sector.
Press releases from the Summit:
- ATAG: Global Sustainable Aviation Summit to take off in Geneva | FR | DE
- ATAG: New report showcases climate action in the aviation sector | ES | FR
- ATAG: Powerful call for government partnership to deliver aviation climate goals | ES | FR
- CANSO and ACI: new initiative on reducing aviation noise
- CITES: Air transport sector urged to join fight against illegal wildlife trade
- IATA: Teamwork, Innovation and Industry Unity for a Sustainable Future
- European Regions Airline Association: ERA endorses open letter
Speeches from the Summit:
- ICAO Council President Dr. Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu: Address to ATAG Global Sustainable Aviation Summit
- ATAG Executive Director Michael Gill: Aviation Climate Solutions: Meeting our goals?
- ATAG Executive Director Michael Gill: A commitment from industry
- CITES Secretary General John Scanlon: Air transport's role in reducing the illegal trade in wildlife.
- ACI Director General Angela Gittens: the airport perspective.
- ICCAIA Chair David Melcher: the manufacturer's perspective.
- IATA Director General and CEO Tony Tyler: the airline perspective.
- CANSO Director General Jeff Poole: the ANSP perspective.
Blog posts from the Summit:
- The summit starts
- Launching Aviation Climate Solutions
- Aviation Climate Solutions: A chat with Avinor
Videos from the Summit
Michael Gill, Executive Director of ATAG
Dr. Olumuyima Benard Aliu, President of the ICAO Council
John Scanlon, Secretary General of CITES
High level panel session