Air transport supports 29.1 million jobs and $1.5 trillion in GDP in the APEC economies.
The air transport industry in APEC economies directly generated an estimated 5.9 million jobs in 2014.
- Airlines: 1.6 million (27% of the total).
- Airport operators: 203,000 (3%).
- Other on-airport: 3.2 million (55%).
- Civil aerospace: 742,000 (13%).
- Air navigation service providers: 109,300 (2%).
Including indirect and induced impacts, the air transport sector supported 15.7 million jobs and contributed $1.1 trillion to GDP in APEC.
Moreover, substantial benefits derived via the catalytic impacts of tourist spending is estimated to have added 13.3 million to employment and $384 billion in GDP.