Air transport supports 23.9 million jobs and $1.7 trillion in GDP in the APEC economies.
The air transport industry in APEC economies directly generated an estimated 5.9 million jobs in 2016.
- Airlines: 1.6 million (27.3% of the total)
- Airport operators: 331,700 (5.6%)
- Other on-airport: 3.1 million (52.1%)
- Civil aerospace: 776,600 (13%)
- Air navigation service providers: 115,200 (1.9%)
Including indirect and induced impacts, the air transport sector supported 16.4 million jobs and contributed $1.3 trillion to GDP in APEC.
Moreover, substantial benefits derived via the catalytic impacts of tourist spending is estimated to have added 16.5 million to employment and $433 billion in GDP.