Air transport supports 8.8 million jobs and $708 billion in GDP in the EU28.
The air transport industry in the EU28 directly generated an estimated 1.9 million jobs in 2014.
- Airlines: 377,900 (2% of the total).
- Airport operators: 108,300 (6%).
- Other on-airport: 1.1 million (59%).
- Civil aerospace: 251,800 (13%).
- Air navigation service providers: 45,000 (2%).
Including indirect and induced impacts, the air transport sector supported 5.2 million jobs and contributed $441 billion to GDP in the EU28.
Moreover, substantial benefits derived via the catalytic impacts of tourist spending is estimated to have added 3.6 million to employment and $267 billion in GDP.